Saturday, February 09, 2008

Shopping Report

Today I bought:


  • Bimbo-brand whole-wheat bread: $ 1.99
  • Ralphs 2% Milk: 1.89
  • Ralphs Thick Sliced Bacon: 4.39
  • Total: $ 8.27
As sparse as it may seem, this is actually a luxurious list for me. I could easily go weeks eating rice, noodles, and pasta, and bacon isn't a usual staple in my kitchen. Still, bacon-- ohhh, bacon-- is among my greatest gastronomic weaknesses. I've not had bacon at home for months now, and it was about time to treat myself to some homemade BLTs, if only to avoid succumbing to a moment of weakness and paying six dollars for one from a restaurant. I've been neglecting to buy milk lately, and having it again means that I'll be making creamy steel-cut oatmeal, soothing milky tea, and will have the proper accompaniment to a PB&J. I'll also be getting some more Vitamin D in me in case the sunny weather we've been having hasn't helped me synthesize enough.

Feed yourself more (information):

No comments: